If you're having problems with your PKPass files, just upload your pkpass file and it will be validated. This project is on Github and you can find the source code
What does it do?
Your file is uploaded and unzipped into memory. Each of the files is examined and checked to ensure it meets Apple's requirements. At present, the following things will be checked:
- Manifest.json, pass.json, signature and icon.png files are present
- The required standard keys are present
- The Associated App keys are checked if present
- Your pass is signed by Apple and the signature is valid
- Your PassTypeIdentifier and TeamIdentifier in your pass.json matches your certificate
- The icon files are present in the bundle
- The update keys are validated if present
What does it NOT do?
- Doesn't check image sizes
- Doesn't validate the manifest
- Doesn't validate all of the pass.json file, only a few of the keys
- Doesn't ensure dates are valid ISO 8601
Your file is never saved and exists in memory long enough to validate.
Supporting this project
If pkpass validator has saved you time, please consider buying me a coffee using the button below:
Buy me a coffee